Friday, February 22, 2013

Who's going crazy?

I don't know...who do you think is going crazy?  If you guessed me, than you are absolutely right.  If you guessed my daughter...well, the jury is still out on that one.  So, why am I going crazy?  Well, because, as we  speak (or I guess, as I type) I am watching my daughter on the video monitor as she pulls her socks off her feet, then chews her feet, then chews her socks...cute...except she is supposed to be NAPPING!

Naps are supposed to be this magical time.  It's a time when your precious baby gets the restorative rest she needs to be a smart, happy baby.  It's also the time where mommies are supposed to get a few minutes of alone time...to restore their sanity.  Seems like a win, win...right?

Well, it is if your baby will actually nap.  Now, I am not saying that my daughter won't nap, it's just never an easy situation.  I have read the books, websites, blogs...blah, blah, blah...and I am trying the tricks (looking for signs of tiredness, keeping up only 1.5-2 hrs, routines, etc), but sometimes, she just won't buy it.

I hear other moms talking about their little baby blobs who just settle down for their regular daily naps, and I am not going to lie, I am jealous.  I would love it if my little blessing would just rub her little eyes, yawn, and then lay down for a nice little snooze.  Nope, about 75% of the time my little girl wants to just PARTY!  Even when she's tired!

So, I spend about half of my day trying to get her to nap and the other half wondering if I am doing the right thing.  It really is enough to make a person crazy....

Welcome to motherhood...right?

PS-If you are a baby sleep expert, please feel free to contact me!  :)


3 comments:

  1. The only justice to this is that when she is a teenager and wants to sleep ALL DAY feel free and guiltless to wake her up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feelings. It always seems like someone else has the baby that is always sleeping. I'm no doctor but aren't those the moms that drank during pregnancy? "sleepy babies"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby sleep usually gets easier around 18-24 months. Almost there!

    ReplyDelete