Monday, September 2, 2013

A Year Ago

With the arrival of September, comes the realization that our little bundle will be turning one this month.  It just doesn't seem possible.  It seems so cliché to say, but it's true that they grow up so fast!  If you stop to think about it, the first year of life is really crazy.  I mean we go from little baby blobs that don't do a whole lot to little people that can walk (albeit in a drunken-sailor-type fashion), eat (also a bit like a drunken sailor), and even talk (hmmm, also kind of like a drunken sailor).  It's frankly amazing and it's been so much fun watching our bundle grow into a little toddler.

So all of this growing got me thinking about where we were just a year ago.  Boy was life different.  I was HUGE.  Seriously, I was a boat (not a drunken sailer, thank goodness), barely able to get around without running into something with my gi-normous belly.  It was super hot outside with multiple days in the upper 90's and I was sweating profusely...even when I was sitting in the air conditioning.  And I was so uncomfortable and just READY to have my little bundle.

This time last year I was wondering what giving birth would be like...would it hurt? (Um, yes, it did)  Would I be one of those crazy women screaming at their husbands (no, for the most part I was pretty good, in fact, I was even cracking jokes).  Would I be like the 0.5% of people that gets paralyzed from having an epidural (I don't know the exact statistic there, but I am sure it's even less than that...and yes, I was worried about that, and no, I am no paralyzed after my epidural).  I was excited and nervous, but I felt ready.

I was looking forward to meeting my little miracle.  Seeing what her little face looked like.  Wondering what characteristics she had of mine and which she had from her daddy.  It was all so new and fun to think about.

Yes, it's amazing how things have changed in just a year.  We are now a party of three and I couldn't be any happier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment