Sunday, August 26, 2012

Course Completed

It's official, we are now thoroughly prepared for childbirth.  Ok, maybe not, but the 3 week course at the hospital about labor and delivery did provide us with some decent information.

The last day of class was probably the most useful...our instructor explained what happens when you arrive at the hospital, where you go, where your partner can park the car, etc.  Good information.  I was pretty excited because this class was also the class where we got to tour the hospital.  Funny to be excited about something like that.  :)

Finally, after 2 hours of class and about a million questions regarding circumcision, we were on our way for the big tour.  As we gathered in the hallway, our instructor noticed that a couple was missing.  No big deal, we'll wait a few minutes for them I thought.  (A little background, this class was held AFTER work from 6:30-9pm...and I am super-pregnant!)  So, we stood there and our instructor kept looking around...it's about 8:30 at this point...finally, I think about 15 minutes later, they show up.  You know where they were?  Getting Starbucks!  What!?  We waited for them to get Starbucks?  I was furious and the husband seemed irritated too.  Grrrrr....let's get on with this tour!

Off we went, like a little group of kids on a field trip...we visited the triage area (small, but nice), then it was off to the labor and delivery room (huge and full of fun looking contraptions, including some seriously large overhead lights...like football field ones...aimed right in on the action...yikes!), and then to the post-partum room (pretty much just a hospital room with a bassinet in it).  Overall, very nice, but definitely not the "really-nice hotel" description that someone had told me about the place.  (Wonder what kind of hotels they stay at?)

After the tour, I was happy to be on my way home.  The husband and I had a good laugh about this 3 class series and the random people in our class, including our instructor.  Even though it was late and I was tired, I felt joyful.  I have been blessed with an amazing life, amazing family, an amazing husband....and soon....an amazing new little baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment