Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

April 19, 2011

The day started out with a nice early morning run.  That would've been fine had I been wearing the appropriate clothing and if I wasn't actually running to catch the bus.  To add to the hilarious nature of this "run," I was trying to move as fast as I could while holding my work bag and lunch tote.  Special.  I am sure that I looked like a crazy person.  I sure felt like one. 

Anyway, I was taking the bus to my doctor's appointment.  This was my second appointment with her.  I got there right on time, as usual, but was told she was running behind schedule.  When I asked how far off that schedule she was running, I was met with a blank stare and  an "I don't know."  Awesome.  My husband was going to meet me there and he was already on his way.  So, we sat in the waiting room for about an hour and then finally, in to see her. 

My doctor is smart.  Seriously, she is amazingly smart.  We met to discuss all of the tests and results and came up with a plan.  I will spare the details of that plan, but let's just say, it sounds like fun.  Super fun.  I left feeling better, but worse at the same time.  Is that possible???
 
After that, it was off to work.  It's always enjoyable to try to work after a doctor's appointment like that.  I did it though and was grateful to have something else to focus on.  After work I met my husband at the train station and we were homeward bound.  Today's train ride was uneventful.  I am always appreciative when that happens. 

Since it was a late day at work, dinner was fast and easy.  I always have some kind of pulled pork/chicken on hand in my freezer.  I make sure to prepare extra so that I can have it on hand for these kinds of occasions.  I sauteed the pulled chicken with some onions and peppers, added some cheese and put it between some whole wheat tortillas.  Served it up with a little light sour cream, salsa and shredded broccoli slaw and dinner was done.

It was a long and eventful day.  Is it too soon to be ready for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I want the recipe for the broccoli slaw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! Can you pass on the recipe for the broccoli slaw?
    Thanks, Sara!

    ReplyDelete