Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lemon Cake

April 20, 2011

I am a baker.  I know, it seems ironic that someone so conscious about nutrition would love to bake.  Maybe that's why I love it.  Or maybe it's because I enjoy consuming the end product (I claim every tooth I have is a sweet-tooth).  Or maybe it's because I enjoy bringing a big plate of whatever I've made to friends/family for them to indulge in. 

It's likely I love it for both of those reasons, but also because baking has been a great comfort to me.  When life is good, I bake.  When life is bad, I bake even more.  Baking has been there for me through all of the ups and downs of my life.  Some people turn to alcohol or drugs when things get rough, but not me, I turn to my oven and Kitchen Aid.

My weakness?  Brownies or anything chocolate.  However, in a nod to spring and the Easter season, I will attempt to bake a lemon cake.  I found a delicious and interesting looking recipe in Everyday Food by Martha Stewart.  If all goes well, I will post the recipe.  If my attempt fails and I am completely embarassed by the result, I will still post the recipe. :)  Baking is not foolproof! 
Cake baking begins tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get this! Wow, this is such a cool idea! Can not wait to see what's cooking next!!!

    ReplyDelete