Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just What We Need

On my way up to the train platform this morning I noticed an advertisement.  It was for McDonalds...nice, big and flashy.  What were they advertising you ask?  Glad you asked.  On this brilliantly place advertisement they were advertising $1 ANY SIZE beverage.

Wow, thanks so much McDonald's.  You know, 16 oz (which is a small) is just too expensive...it would be so much better if it was just one dollar!  What's better is that the caring people of McDonald's love us so much that they even made their medium size (21 oz) and their large size (32 oz) only a dollar as well.  Oh, things are finally right with the world.

So, yes, I am full of sarcasm, but it really is actually quite a shame.  I know it's not solely the responsibility of McDonald's to care about the health of our country, but they could at least think of a healthier promotion.  I mean, heck, it's National Nutrition Month (I know you didn't know that, that's why I'm telling you now)...why not capitalize on that?  Advertise free apple sticks with every meal or start making your milkshakes with low-fat milk...just some ideas.

I encourage you to forgo the temptation of purchasing an "any size" dollar beverage.  Instead, go buy yourself a piece of fruit (for less money) and enjoy the natural goodness of Mother Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment