Friday, March 23, 2012

The Miracle

I have accepted that I am one of the millions of women that struggles with infertility.  I will never forget my first visit to the reproductive endocrinologist and how I felt when I left.  Never before had I felt so sad and completely destroyed by something.  Sure, I have had hardships, but this one thing...the one thing I never thought would be a struggle, had become just that.  Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how I felt.  I was determined though, that I would beat this thing.  I prayed about it, I sought out the help I needed, and I wouldn't stop...perserverance.  Has it been easy?  Absolutely not.  Would I change anything?  Absolutely not.  You see, this is the journey I was meant to take.  Had I not gone through all of this, I might not have learned all of the amazing things I have learned about myself (my emotions, my strengths, my weaknesses, my health, etc), my husband or our relationship.  I have been cultivating myself and training myself...making the relationship with myself and my relationship with my husband stronger. 

The timing seems right then...

I am now 15+ weeks pregnant and I am beyond ecstatic to share the good news with you!  Our little one is a true miracle...conceived without any medication or intervention...a true miracle and blessing.  I have been beyond emotional...as I am sure you can only imagine. Life has changed in the most positive way possible.  Thank you to all of my family, friends and supporters...I could not have done this without all of you.  For those of you still struggling with conceiving...I offer this advice...the journey is hard and difficult, so find things that make you happy and do them.  Stay away from people that aren't supportive, instead surround yourself with supportive friends and family...and finally, don't give up hope...there is a plan for you.  One of the most poignant things I remember reading in a book about infertility is that (no matter if you have faith or are faithless), you are not in control...you are on someone else's time and it's not for you to try to change that.  Children are meant to be born when they are meant to be here on this earth.  So, while it's hard to wait, just think, your baby is destined for amazing things.

In closing, I wanted to confirm that I will continue to post on my blog...still focusing on nutrition, health, infertility and my journey during pregnancy.  Hopefully you can stay and enjoy the ride with me!

4 comments:

  1. Bless you and your now growing family. You two are going to be amazing parents. You are both so rich with love and positivity.
    I am excited to meet this little miracle.
    Congratulations you two. Sara you are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Sara! This the absolute BEST news! So happy for you and Mike! I cannot wait to meet your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time reader of your blog, and I am also 15 weeks. Its great to hear that you are on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Bassy (or Bassa)!!! We can't wait. We are so happy for you guys! Make sure and get ANY SIZE soft drink at McDonalds to celebrate. One low price.

    ReplyDelete