Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Showstopping Bump

The newest, most sure way to get noticed these days?  Get a baby bump!

No, I am not kidding, I have never received so much attention in all of my life.  These days I feel like a celebrity...except no one is taking my picture or asking for autographs.  Seriously though, this baby is kind of a big deal for everyone.

No matter where I go these days, the bump gets some serious gawks.  On the train yesterday on my way to the doctor, a nice woman asked me if I would like her seat and then she went on to tell me how great I looked...she couldn't get enough of the bump.  On a walk later that evening, the husband informed me that a couple across the street were staring and smiling at the bump...he confided in me that it was a little creepy.  Indeed, it can be creepy having all of these people staring at my belly...but let's just say, I have gotten used to the staring since I carry the bump with me wherever I go!

What's funny is that I am absolutely, 100% sure that I am a baby bump gawker myself.  I know that I have stared at many a pregnant belly in amazement and awe.  It's truly a fascinating feat of nature and I suppose, that most people, like me, just can't help themselves.

So, I'll take the bump stares and cheeky smiles all day...because it seems to bring everyone great joy....just be sure to ask before you even think of taking one picture!

1 comment: