Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love that smile!

An amazing thing begins to happen when your baby hits the 2-3 month mark...she starts to smile!  No, not because of gas, but because of you!  There is nothing more wonderful than when your once emotionless babe gets a sense of humor.

I love to see her smile so much that I will do anything to elicit it. I once laughed at parents who seemed to do silly faces and voices at their babies. So much work sometimes for that smile. Now I totally get it. After four months of poor sleep, worry, and lots of crying (from both me and my daughter), I am relishing these smiles! I deserve these smiles...or at least I think I do.

So yes, I am one of those parents now. I make tons of silly faces and millions of dumb sounds every day and am greatly rewarded with one of those precious smiles.

For those of you in the early stages of newborn baby-dom, hang in there. It's all worth it and that smile is your reward for all of your hard work!

Smile and they will smile in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment