Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Best Birthday

Today I celebrated my birth anniversary (my husband's term for birthdays).

I had a pretty good day, even though I am battling a little case of the sniffles.  It started with some yummy brunch with friends, then a fun outing with the little one and the husband followed by a decaf latte.

Could this day get any better? Why yes, because as I sit here and type this, the husband is busy in our kitchen making me a birthday meal.  Per his request, I am to sit and relax and not be concerned with what is going on in the kitchen.  This is hard for me to do, but he seems pretty serious about this request.  All I know is that it smells amazing and I have a feeling chocolate cupcakes are in my near future!  I am a lucky lady!

As I sit here and reflect on that fact, one thing in particular comes to mind.  My little miracle baby.  Just about this time last year we found out about our little bundle of joy.  It is amazing to have her here and in our world! And even though parenting has proved more difficult than I thought, I am beyond grateful for my little sweetheart.  She is by far, the best present I have ever received.

I have realized today just how lucky I am.  I have an amazing and blessed life.  I have great friends and a wonderful family!  What more could you ask for in life?

So here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment