Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bring on the Madness

Hmmm, to what am I referring with the title of this post?  Is it a reference to my general state of mind these days...or perhaps it is a reference to my super active ambitious baby...or maybe it has to do with a certain thing that happens around this time of year.

I am going to assume that you did not guess MARCH MADNESS.  :)  Yes, I am talking about college hoops here people.  Can you blame me?  I mean I am from Indiana and my Hoosiers happen to be kinda' good this year (finally!).  This time of year is always fun and I definitely love filling out my bracket.

Which leads me to this post.  Each year, my husband runs a little tournament with friends and family for the NCAA tournament.  He is quite proud of this fact and I have to say, he manages it quite well...lots of email updates, non-monetary awards and honors for particular picks...he's certainly creative.  This year is a little different because of our little bundle.  Not as much time will likely go into it as previous years...but have no fear, the spirit is still there.  So much so in fact, that the little bundle will have her own bracket.  A bracket she actually filled out herself.

What?  How did she fill out a bracket?  Well, I am glad you asked.  The husband came up with an ingenious idea involving numbered blocks.  We had the blocks set out in front of her and whichever one she grabbed was the winner of a particular round.  Now, this was no easy feat to set up and manage...there were a few tears (from the bundle and the husband), but after a good 20 minutes, the bundle got her bracket all set up.  Too bad we didn't take any video of this...I doubt no one in their right mind has ever gone to such measures before.

So, here we go again...time for madness...and time for some basketball people!  Go Hoosiers!

1 comment: