Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Eat Your Green Beans!

This is it, I thought, it's time for the bundle to try her first real food...no more of that baby cereal...the real stuff...we're talking vegetables people!

I was convinced, that as a healthy, vegetable-loving dietitian, my daughter would love vegetables.  That the sight and smell of the yummy organic green beans that I had so lovingly steamed and pureed for her would make her squeal in delight.  Cue the laughter from parents everywhere please.

Yes, I was mistaken.  My love for green beans has not (yet) made it's way into my daughter's list of favorite foods.  Nope...she scrunched her face up hard when I put that first little dabble on her lips.  The spoonful of green beans was even worse...upon entering her mouth she promptly stuck out her tongue and gagged.  I didn't know a 6 month old was capable of the distaste she seemed to be experiencing.  Hilarious.

So, we'll keep trying those green beans...they say it takes 8-10 days...we'll see if the bundle has patience for that.

In the meantime, thank goodness for breast milk and baby cereal.

Bon Appetit Bundle!

1 comment:

  1. Those beans just needed a little bacon grease! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete