Friday, December 2, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened at Trader Joe's

I was at my favorite store, Trader Joe's, checking out the shelf of canned tomatoes, when an older gentleman, about 70ish, pulled up next to me.  He was decked out in green shamrock gear and riding a Hover-round bedazzled with Irish-inspired decorations.  Awesome!  This guy looked like a cross between Santa Claus and a giant Leprachan. 

Like I said, he pulled up next to me and we had the following conversation:

Irish Santa: "Excuse me miss, but can I ask you a question?"
Me: "Of course."
Irish Santa: "I noticed your North Face jacket...did you know that they have a new competitor?" 
Me: "No? Who's that?"
Irish Santa: "South Butt."  Laughter...lots of laughter.
Me: Awkward silence...polite laughter..."hilarious." 

Really, could I have set him up any better?  I think this guy was waiting all day to use that line and as weird and inappropriate as it was, it was hilarious. 

Thank you Irish Santa for making my day.  Hopefully next time you'll have something just as funny and weird to ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment