Friday, December 9, 2011

It's an Almond Puff!

Have you ever heard of an almond puff?  Me either...at least until a few weeks ago.  I happened to be doing some research for work and came across a recipe for one.  I was intrigued...I love almonds and I love baked goods and I love puffy things...ok, maybe I don't love puffy things, but it seemed like the right thing to say.  :)

Anyway, it turns out that almond puffs are delicious!!!  And relatively easy to make.  If you are looking for a dessert/breakfast item to wow guests, this is the one.  I found this recipe on the King Arthur Flour website and am posting the recipe link below.  Enjoy and just an FYI, this one isn't too healthy...but a small little slice is enough...especially with a cup of coffee...just a suggestion.  :)

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/almond-puff-loaf-recipe


Pie crust dough meets Pâte à Choux dough...a partnership made in heaven.

Baked lovliness.

Brushed with organic strawberry jam...it's just getting better!

Then topped with toasted almonds and vanilla icing...yum!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Going to try it for breakfast tomorrow! :)
    B

    ReplyDelete