Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Cold that won't Quit

Me: "Um, excuse me nasty, yucky, snotty cold living inside me, can you please go away?"

Nasty, Yucky, Snotty Cold: "No way!  It's awesome in here!"

Yes, this is the conversation I feel like I have been having with myself everyday for the last few days.  Maybe I am becoming sick in the head too?  No, I think I've always had that problem.

So unusual for me to get sick.  In fact, last week, when I was convulsively shivering (which I thought was just me feeling cold), it didn't even cross my mind that I could have a fever (101'F! Holy cow!).  No way!  I haven't had a fever in years!  It was straight up awful.  I laid in bed for two days straight and it finally went away...but it left a bunch of snot in it's place...thanks so much. 

Here's my point.  Colds (or whatever this is) really stink, but maybe it's a way for our bodies to tell us it's time to slow down and take it easy.  Rest...relax...rejuvinate.

So, I hate you cold and yet...I love you!  Now go get 'em immune system!!!

2 comments:

  1. colds are a bummer, but getting well is awesome. It's funny how we don't appreciate good health until you don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark!

    ReplyDelete