Thursday, January 26, 2012

I was born today

Today is my birth anniversary (as my husband likes to call it).  I love birthday's...not just mine, but everybody's!  How can you not love a day where people celebrate you and you can eat as much cake as you want? 

I've been pretty fortunate in that I have had so many wonderful birthdays.  As a kid, I absolutely adored my birthday.  My parents did a pretty amazing job at making me feel like my existence in this world was one of the best things that ever happened to them.  I can remember many parties with my friends...party hats, party games (yes, pin the tail on the donkey was played), pizza and of course cake!  So much fun. 

Even as I have gotten older, I can still find the joy in birthdays.  The kid in me loves the little birthday decorations, the special plates and napkins, balloons and even a present or two.  I know that I am getting older and I should probably start treating birthdays like any other normal adult would...but I'm just not there yet...give me a couple of years.

So, as I sit here and reflect on my birth anniversary, it only seems right to thank my parents.  Mom and Dad -thank you for bringing me into this world and for loving me with all of your hearts.  You have inspired me in so many ways and continue to do so.  Thank you for supporting me and making me the person I am today.  I love you both very much.

4 comments: