Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Lovely Wedding

I had the honor last weekend of being part of a very special event.  That special event was the marriage of my brother and my new sister-in-law.  :) 

It all started with a leisurely drive to the wedding location, which included a surprising, yet much needed soft pretzel stop (thank you husband!).  From there it was off to lunch, then the hair salon, then an hour-long dance/play session with my niece...then, the big event.

I don't know who they know upstairs,  but in the middle of this scorching hot summer, my brother and his wife-to-be, got the most beautiful evening possible for their wedding.  It was a lovely ceremony and I played a minor role in saying a small little reading about the two of them.  It went well, however now I know that I shouldn't use sticky post-it paper for writing speeches!  Nothing like a dramatic pause between every page turn!

It was a fun time and let me say this, those two know how to throw a party!  Lots of laughing and dancing and good times.

I have never seen my brother so happy and I am so excited to have a new sister-in-law (and niece!).  We should all be so fortunate to find our soul mates...I know I am glad that I found mine!!!

Much love to you newlyweds!  Cheers to years of love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment