Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Piano Man

As I was cleaning up around our place, I noticed that a few things had piled up on the piano.  Instead of treating it like the beautiful musical instrument that it is, we were using it as a landing pad for random things like slippers, keys, magazine, etc.  Noticing this, I was a little embarassed and also it got me thinking...I hadn't heard my husband play in awhile.

So, selfishly I thought that if I cleaned it off, then maybe he would sit down and play.  Ironically, that same night, after work and dinner, he noticed the bench was clear and the music was out.  He sat down and started to play and I, being the emotional pregnant wreck that I am these days, started to get tears in my eyes.

You see, he is good...really good, and he can hear music and put music together like no one I know.  It's beautiful to watch and listen to him play.  I am guessing our little one was impressed too because as soon as she heard the piano, I felt her dancing.  She seemed to be happy by what her daddy was doing.  In that moment, I had visions of our little one sitting next to her Daddy, legs swinging on the bench, learning how to play...and I loved it. 

We have so much to look forward too.  I am so grateful for my husband's talents and hope that our little girl will be given the gift of music too.

2 comments:

  1. Made me cry! You both are so talented! That is going to be one lucky little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he still playing only michael bolton?

    ReplyDelete