Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sights and sounds of Chi-town

Because I live in a big city, I find that there are always entertaining things happening around me.  I figure that since I find these things to be so interesting, other people might as well.  So here it goes, my recent run-in's with the people of Chicago....

1) Something you don't see everyday that I saw yesterday: a woman walking down the bike lane of a main street in Chicago wearing a dress and carrying a rolling pin.

2) Being approached by a young man asking me where he can buy Swisher cigars/cigarettes.  My response, "um, have you tried the Jewel or Walgreens?"  Then he asks me if I smoke...my response "No man, I am pregnant!!!"  (FYI- I look super pregnant these days, there's no question about it.")

3) A scattering of miniature marshmallows along the sidewalk...for two city blocks!

4) A woman walking towards me, pointing to my belly and saying "What a big boy!"  Um, ok.

5) I was downtown, outside of an office building and saw a gentleman wearing running clothes and stretching...not too out the ordinary...except that he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.  Sure enough, when he was done enjoying his smoking stretch, he took off for a jog.  Hmmm...

Ahhhh Chicago, what's not to love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment