Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby Shower Fun

A couple of weekends ago I went to a baby shower...my baby shower.  It seemed so surreal that I was the pregnant one and that I was the one who was getting showered.  I had been swearing off baby showers for quite some time now, the thought of even going to one used to make me cry.  And here I was, finally able to celebrate and it was magnificant.

Fortunately I have amazing family and friends and that is what made this shower so special.  The weekend started with my wonderful mother picking me up and driving me everywhere.  This was such a blessing to me as it has become more and more difficult to move around, let alone drive.  (Thanks Mom!)  On top of that, we were able to have some great conversation and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Next, it was off to the shower.  My dear friend (the one I have had since the second grade!) was throwing me the shower and she did an amazing job.  As soon as I walked in I was greeted with crepe paper, balloons, and signs all in honor of our little bump.  I even got to wear a special sash that read "Mom to Be."  My friend told me that I didn't have to wear it, but I had no problem putting it on and thought to myself, "I want to wear this thing EVERYWHERE!"  :)  Not only was her home festively decorated, but she also prepared some amazingly delicious food.  (The cupcakes were amazing!!!  The icing was twice as big as the cake!) 

Most of my immediate family was there and we had a great time plaing games, chatting and laughing.  I felt so loved and honored to be there.  I have discovered that nothing brings people together more than a baby.  Not only that, but it makes people softer...they glance at your belly or put a hand on your belly, and they just soften.  I love that. 

I had a great time that day and got so many amazing gifts (thank you to all, even those of you that couldn't be there!), but the biggest present was just being able to share the special gift of our baby with everyone.   

1 comment: