Friday, April 26, 2013

I Will Not Forget


This week, April 21st-April 27th is National Infertility Awareness Week.  This is an important week for recognizing and bringing awareness to infertility.  A cause that as you know, I hold near and dear to my heart.

It wasn't that long ago that I was writing about the pain and struggle I was experiencing on my journey through infertility.  I remember the tears, the heart break and the sadness...I was devastated that the one thing I wanted the most was the one thing that I couldn't have.  It was an isolating experience and I had moments of doubt and anguish...maybe I just wasn't meant to be a mom....

But, luckily for me, I sought help because I wanted answers to my questions...and for some reason, I just knew that I was supposed to be a mom.  I found an amazing doctor (after a little trial and error...see my earlier blogs about that), I tried acupuncture and meditation, and I gathered all of the support of my friends and family.  The combination of all of these things plus the handiwork of the good Man upstairs is what I believe, led to the creation of our little miracle.

So, during this week, I wanted to take some time to reflect.  To let myself not forget about the journey that got me to where I am today.  To appreciate every day with my darling bundle...even on the really tough days...because she, I believe is the reason I exist...I was put here especially for her...and she was put here especially for me.  Bless you little bundle!!!

Please check out the Resolve website to learn more about infertility and this amazing week!

www.resolve.org

No comments:

Post a Comment