Friday, July 29, 2011

A Song...

There's a song...one that many people probably have never heard, but it's one that I love.  Motorcyle Drive-By by Third Eye Blind.

I love it for many reasons.  The first being that it reminds me of my best friend.  I can close my eyes and picture us in college, in her car, convertible top down, with this song blasting and us singing it at the top of our lungs.  I absolutely love that image.  At the time, it seemed like a perfect song...a break-up song with a wonderful sentence stating "I've never been so alone...and I've never been so alive!"

I love it because it is a song that I played for my mom shortly after her and my dad got divorced.  I guess for me, it sort of felt like an anthem.  I wanted her to hear those lyrics...that even though she may feel alone, she was still alive and full of life!  I blasted it for her, this time in my car with the windows rolled down.  I think she liked it.  :)

I also love it because it reminds me of my husband.  Not the lyrics, but the band.  We have so many things in common, but early on, we both discovered that we liked Third Eye Blind and this song.

Lastly, I love it now because it seems very appropriate to my life these days.  Sometimes I do feel very alone in all of this infertility stuff.  It's isolating and weird and most of the time...lonely...even though I am completely surrounded by people who love me.  While I do feel alone at times...it's also a time in my life where I have never been so alive!!!  Maybe that's cheesy, but it's true. 

I heard this song on my way home the other day and it made me grateful.  Grateful that I am alive, that I have these great memories and great people in my life.  Sometimes it just takes a song to remind us....

Check it out on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8wVKPUN_g

1 comment: