Thursday, September 15, 2011

Amazing Women

My blog posts are often inspired by things going on in my life.  Sometimes they are funny things, sometimes they are tasty things and sometimes they are personal revelations.

I happened to have a personal revelation recently.  I had the amazing opportunity of seeing a good friend the other night.  She is one of the kindest, warmest, smartest women I know.  She was asking me all about what was going on in my life...listening to everything I was saying and providing honest feedback.  As I was yapping on and on about my crazy life, I realized how awesome she was for 1) asking me about me and 2) for actually listening and hearing what I was saying.  Then I realized, I need to stop yapping on about myself and ask about her and her life.  I am glad that I did.

She told me about her family and her work and the things that were going on with her.  We got on the topic of my baby journey which led to a conversation regarding something she had just experienced.  A sad experience, and one that many women have to endure, a DNC.  She didn't complain...she wasn't mad...she seemed at peace with the whole experience...stating, "there is a plan for everything."  How can someone going through that be so rational?  I have no idea, but it inspired me to write this blog post.

Here's the deal.  Women are amazing (sorry men, you are great too, but this is about women today)!  We are programmed with so many emotions and hormones, it's remarkable that we are even able to function at all.  We have to endure the monthly reminder of our womanhood (think hormones, tears, laughter, bloating, femine products, and cramps), we have to compete to prove we are just as good as anyone else at anything (think jobs, sports, school, etc), we bear children (think nausea, stretchmarks, birthing, etc), we struggle with infertility (think sadness, anger, frustration, jealousy), we have miscarriages (think anger, pain ,sadness), we go through menopause (think hot flashes), and that's just to name a few. 

We go through all of those things and are expected to move about our lives in a "normal" fashion.  It can be extremely difficult, the life of a woman.  However, it can be amazingly rewarding as well.  I guess my point is, we endure a lot of things and many times, we carry it alone.  We have an uncanny ability to "bounce back" from just about everything.  So kudos to us for being such amazingly strong creatures.  Thank you to all of the fantastic women in my life, I learn so much from all of you every day!  Stay strong and remember, "there is a plan for everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment