Monday, September 26, 2011

Gettin' my Conference on in San Diego

I am in sunny California!  Woo-hoo!  Not only am I in California, but I am in San Diego.  Beautiful, warm, and lovely San Diego.  I love this city and am so happy to be here.

Unfortunately, I am not here for rest and relaxation.  Nope, I am here for the annual American Dietetic Association Conference.  Although it's been a crazy few days, it's been so much fun. 

I have met some great people here and have had some amazing conversations as well.  I managed to obtain more samples of food than one person ever should and more autographed copies of books by RD's than I thought I would ever own!  Now I am just wondering how I am going to get it all home and where I am going to put it once I get there.

So, as you know, I am a totally in love with food.  Lucky for me, San Diego has some of my favorite kinds of foods...mainly Mexican food!  Yum!  Last night I went to a great retaurant called the Linkery.  So incredibly fun and tasty.  I had fish tacos and an amazing house salad that had locally grown veggies including arugula, carrots and tomatoes...so good.  Tonight I went to a place called La Puerta.  I found it on Yelp and was pleased to see that it was only a few blocks from my hotel.  Plus, they had half price drinks and appetizers all day.  How can you beat that?  So, I indulged in a delicious margarita (on the rocks with salt) and the street taco plate.  Oh, was I in heaven.  I had the Pastor (Marinated Pork-Pineapple-Avocado Cream-Cilantro-Onion), the Pollo Asado (Grilled Chicken-Avocado Cream-Cilantro-Onion), and the Ranchero Shrimp (Tomato-Onion-Green Chile-Lettuce-Sour Cream).  All were perfection! 

As I prepare to pack my bags with my belly full of tasty, Mexican perfection, I must say, it's nice to be back in this great city.  Thank you San Diego...I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment