Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A bit of a break

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been blogging much about the baby-making journey.  Maybe you are hopeful that means I am pregnant...so nice of you to think so.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  I haven't been talking about it too much because we have been officially taking a break from the process.  Yes, a month or so off while we figure out our next path.

I was both relieved and sad about the month off.  Relieved because I wouldn't have to go in for bi-weekly blood draws and ultrasounds.  Happy because I wouldn't have to give myself any injections or medications.  Elated because I could just live my "normal" life. 

However, as with most things in life, there are the downsides.  I was sad because this meant that nothing up to this point has worked for us.  Angry because I am afraid that a month off is one less chance at conceiving.  Upset because I am still without many answers.

So here we are, in a sort of limbo.  I am heading to the doctor this week for some tests and to start  a new process.  I am actually glad for this past month off as it has given me some new perspective...as well as some emotional sanity.  I continue to be hopeful that there will be a baby in our future.  Now that I have had some seriously-needed personal time, I am ready and able to get the proverbial "ball rolling." 

Here we go again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment