Sunday, November 13, 2011

Is that a cupcake???


Let me provide a little backstory on the above picture....I went on a leisurely trip to the grocery store last night with my amazingly fun sister-in-law.  After our responsible trip through the produce aisle (butternut squash...check, pearl red onions...check...shiitake mushrooms...check...), she suggested a trip through the bakery department.  Sounded like a good idea to me!  After some deliberation (it didn't require too much debate), we made our selection and chose the charming and "normal-sized" carrot cupcakes (not pictured). 

We were admiring the rest of the selection of pre-packaged goodies, when suddenly I felt like something behind me was staring at me. I turned around and came eye to eye with the beauties (pictured above) in the bakery case.  It was as if the hideous lighting and smell of high fructose corn syrup was calling to me. 

"Are you kidding me!?"  I called out to my sister-in-law.  "Are those for real?"  We both stared at the cupcakes in complete awe.  All of that icing?  Is it something you eat or something you put on your table as a centerpiece?  Really, who needs flowers when you can place a huge turkey or Christmas tree cupcake on your table?  We got asked twice if we needed any help before we decided to leave...but not before I asked her to take this picture.

I suppose there is no point to this post, which I am personally ok with.  I really just wanted to share this picture. I mean, I have never seen such a creation before and it really was something to behold.  No, we did not purchase it and no, I am not sure I would want to, but I can say with almost complete confidance that there is someone out there right now enjoying that piece of baked good insanity and to them I say, "well done...and don't forget to brush your teeth!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment