Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Rick Bayless Project: Slow-Cooked Chicken with Tomatillos, Potatoes, Jalapenos and Fresh Herbs.

This past week was the 6th week of the Rick Bayless Project.  Can you believe it?  Neither can I!  Time sure does fly when you're having fun.

The recipe I chose to re-create was Slow-Cooked Chicken with Tomatillos, Potatoes, Jalapenos and Fresh Herbs.  Not much to explain here as the recipe name says it all.  The dish is literally all of those ingredients cooked low and slow in the crock pot.  Super easy! 

I believe the intention of this dish is to serve it was a side of rice and beans, but because everything always tastes better in a tortilla, I decided to serve it as tacos. 

This recipe is delicious, but very similar to a couple that I have already made.  In fact, when I asked the husband what his favorite Rick Bayless recipe has been so far he said, "I don't know, they kind of all tasted the same."  Oh no!!!! 

Point taken...it's officially time to switch things up a bit....next week could get interesting!


Check out that mis en place!

Loaded and ready for some slow cookin'

No comments:

Post a Comment