Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rick Bayless Project...huevos.

And so the RBP continues...

This week I tackled Rick's "Mexican Scrambled Egg Tacos" recipe. 

What?  Scrambled eggs in a taco?  Absurd! 

Oh no...quite the opposite!  In my mind, this is the perfect combination.  Eggs, I think, must have been put on this earth for the sole purpose of sitting their little fluffy scrambled selves in that beautiful creation that is the tortilla.  I mean, think about it...have you ever had a breakfast burrito?  No, not the one from T. Bell, but a good one.  Tortilla + scrambled eggs + spicy salsa + Rick Bayless = perfection.

Pretty...fresh tomatoes, serrano peppers and garlic.  Photo courtesy of the husband.

Onion, serrano and garlic getting sauteed

Added the tomatoes and cooked until dry.  Then added my pretty cage-free eggs.

Ta da!  Delicious, especially with my leftover Smoky Chipotle Salsa from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment