Friday, February 3, 2012

A feeling of peace

Peace...

Right now I feel completely and utterly at peace.  The years and years I have spent saying "yes" and living my life in a whirlwind seem to have fallen to the wayside.  I am not saddened by that at all.  I beleive this sense of peace is only a result of my past experiences.

If I hadn't worked so hard in school, I wouldn't have my great job.  If I hadn't exhausted myself with culinary school, I would've never been a chef.  If I never took care of myself or exercised, I would've never completed marathons and triathlons.  If I never said "yes" to the opportunities that came my way, I wouldn't appreciate this peace.

It is the first time I have actually recognized this feeling in my life.  I am happy and I am truly at peace.  While life still has it's challenges (my struggle with infertility, my inability to say "no" sometimes, family issues, etc), I am in a good place. 

Maybe I have felt this peace before but never truly acknowledged it.  From now on I plan on making it a goal of mine to live in the peace while I have it.  I challenge you to do the same.  Sometimes, just taking a moment to stop and reflect is all you need to feel it.  It's like a warm hug or a deep sigh...nice.

Find your peace.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful world this would be if we could all have inner peace! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete