Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cookie Bar Chicago

Finally, a nice Saturday morning here in Chicago!  That meant it was time to lace up the running shoes and hit the pavement. After a delightful and leisurely run with my husband, we made a stop (as we have for the past 2 weeks) at the Green City Market.  I bought my usual bag of mixed greens and after some looking around, I decided that was enough.  I am guessing I didn't buy anything else as I may be experiencing some guilt for still having last week's rhubarb in the fridge.  Poor rhubarb, I promise to make something out of you tomorrow!

It was on our way home that something fun occurred.  Usually the trip home from the market is uneventful -  typically filled with thoughts of what kind of lunch I can make to reward our amazing resolve to get up and run.  We were only a few blocks away when I saw it.  The Cookie Bar!  Yes, we had walked by it several times, but never when it was open.

Distracted by the thought of cookies, I didn't notice that someone was filming something just outside the store.  It turns out that person was Jeffrey Saad (I guess he was on the Next Food Network Star) and he was filiming an episode of his show "United Tastes of America."  http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/united-tastes-of-america/index.html  How fun is that!?  It's pretty cool to live in a city where this type of thing happens.  We were told the episode would air in a couple of weeks and is going to feature the Cookie Bar.

Yes, back to the Cookie Bar.  This place is so much fun.  It's got a 70's disco theme and was started by a couple of guys from Hollywood.  A pretty interesting story.  You can check it out at  http://cookiebarnewyork.com/  I am still trying to figure out why their website has New York in it...maybe they had planned for New York, but liked Chicago so much that they stayed?  Hmmmmm....

Anyway, my husband and I allowed ourselves a little treat.  We went for the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and it was amazing.  Just a little something and it totally hit the spot.   

Our very tasty cookie before we devoured it!

No comments:

Post a Comment