Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring has sprung! Chicago's Green City Market is back outside!


May 7, 2011

Farmer's Market Finds

Today was not the most beautiful day for the Green City Market to move back outdoors, but that didn't seem to stop the crowds.  It was lovely to see all of the tents, famers and Chicago yuppies back at it.  I can't tell you how many pairs of Hunter boots I saw today or the number of fancy baby strollers. Sometimes the people watching is just as fun as finding a table of fresh ramps or asparagus.

I adore this market.  In fact, I adore most farmer's markets.  What's not to love?  Getting your produce from the hands that made it?  Nothing seems as wonderful as that.  Above is a picture of what I collected today.  A free copy of Edible Chicago (a very interesting little publication that a friend just told me about), some amazingly delicious cheese, and finally some super-fresh organic mixed greens (soooo good!). 

Oh, this is just the beginning!!!  I am hoping there's rhubarb next week.  I'll let you know...

1 comment: