Sunday, May 15, 2011

Green City Market Part Deux

Fresh asparagus, rhubarb (I found some!), and mixed greens.  A beautiful bounty!

It was another cold and dreary day for the market, but we braved the elements and acquired some beautiful produce.  I was on a mission for rhubarb and found it.  Along the way, I came across some fantastic looking asparagus, so I had to get that too.  Finally, back to the same farm as last week (Growing Home is the name of it) for their delicious bag of mixed greens.  They have the best mixed greens I have ever tasted and the bag we bought last Saturday lasted for an entire week!  No wilting or yucky, sticky mess at the bottom of the bag.  Beautiful for 7 days straight!  I am a huge fan and will be back. 

Now it's just a matter of figuring out what I want to do with that rhubarb.  Perphaps a coffee cake?  That sounds good.  Once I figure out what I 'm going to do with it, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment