Thursday, October 6, 2011

Moving forward

It's been a few weeks since I posted anything about my baby journey.  Don't worry, nothing horrible has happened...I have just been in sort of a "limbo" with the whole process....or more appropriately, on a "vacation" from the whole process.

During this "limbo" I have managed to have some seriously good times.  I visited my amazing family in Nevada, I did some really fun cooking demos, I played black jack with my brother on his birthday, I drank beer at an Oktoberfest with my friends, I went to San Diego for a conference and I started the Rick Bayless Project!  :) 

I didn't realize how much I needed this break until now.  Let's just say I was totally burnt-out with everything.  I'm sorry, but I don't much enjoy the weekly uterine ultrasounds (or the early morning bus ride to get there), the blood draws, the multiple phone calls or medications.  To have these past two worry-free, stress-free months has been amazing.  I feel like I have my life back.  Even better though, I feel refreshed and ready to re-start the journey.

With that being said and now that I am feeling like my normal self again, we are moving forward in our baby journey.  Next week I am going to be having some diagnostic testing done and I am both excited and scared. Ultimately, I am hopeful that we will have more answers as well as a better understanding of why we are having such a hard time conceiving. 

Wish me luck and keep us in your prayers!!!  Here's to the baby journey and to  all of you that have provided me with such love and support.

I leave you with this quote:

"Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops...at all."  ~ Emily Dickinson

....couldn't have said it better myself.......

No comments:

Post a Comment