Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rick Bayless Project...More tomatillos please

Sometimes I say things and I'm not really thinking when I say them...does anyone else have this problem?  Case in point...the conversation below between the husband and me this evening.  Hilarious!

The husband: "What's for dinner?"
Me: "Rick Bayless."

Get it?  Ha!  I really thought that was pretty funny...my husband didn't appear as amused...but that might just be because he was distracted by his fantasy football team...hard to tell.

So, yes, Rick Bayless was on the menu...sort of.  It was actually the latest RBP recipe which was Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Salsa Verde.

This is a delicious dish  made with tomatillos (seems to be a RB favorite ingredient), chicken and poblano chiles.  It takes a little bit of work, but it's really not too difficult.  I actually doubled the recipe so that there would be leftovers (a trademark of mine) and used chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. 

Again...another delicious dish...really Rick Bayless...you are my hero!!!


 
My wrinkly roasted poblano peppers.

 
Yes, more tomatillos...and onions.


Looks a little weird, but tastes delicious!


NOTE:  I will no longer be putting Rick's recipes on my blog unless he already has them posted on his website.  Instead, I implore you to go out and buy the book (Mexican Everyday by Rick Bayless)...it's a good investment...I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I am hungry. Think this would travel well to South Bend?

    ReplyDelete