Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Rick Bayless Project

Did you happen to read the book "Julie and Julia?"  Maybe you haven't read the book, but you've seen the movie by the same title?  If not, it's about a woman named Julie who (in her small New York apartment) takes on the daunting task of executing all of Julia Child's recipes in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in 365 days.  It's a true story and after reading it, I felt inspired.

By now you are fully aware of my love of Mexican cooking.  You may also remember that I have a profound amount of respect for Chicago's very own, Chef Rick Bayless.  He has amazing restaurants here in Chicago, a show on public television, and of course, many cookbooks.

Back to being inspired....I loved the idea that Julie had about cooking all of Julia Child's recipes.  However, as hard as I try, I don't really get very excited about French food.  Hmmmm, but I do get excited about Mexican food....

Which led me to....wait for it...."The Rick Bayless Project!"  Yes, I am going to attempt to make all of the recipes in his "Mexican Everyday" cookbook.  Now, I am not going to attempt this with the same vigor as Julie...I mean, I have to work and of course there's laundry to be done and all of that, which doesn't leave me with a ton of time or energy.  Instead, I am going to aim for at least one recipe a week.


The book...go out and get your copy and follow along!

Stay tuned...the first recipe will be revealed VERY soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment