Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Rick Bayless Project Begins

Week 1 of The Rick Bayless Project

Recipe: Smoky Pork Tinga Tacos with Avocado and Fresh Cheese, p 191

Obviously I am not starting this project at the beginning of the book.  I mean, what fun would that be?  I wanted to make sure my first recipe was something fun and relatively easy.  Yes, it is a taco recipe... which happens to be one of my absolute favorite Mexican food preparations.

First and foremost let me say...make this recipe!  It is absolutely easy to execute and is delicious.  The recipe uses a slow cooker, and really there's very little prep work.  Plus, you have the bonus of smelling this amazing concoction while it cooks...the aroma should be turned into a candle...seriously, it smells that good.

If you are new to Rick Bayless or to Mexican food in general, this would be a good first recipe to try.  Like I mentioned before, it's easy to prepare and your dinner guests will think that you are an amazing Mexican chef superstar (maybe that's a bit extreme, but you never know!)   

Thank you Rick Bayless, this was an amazing way to kick-off the project!  Can't wait until the next recipe. 

To view the recipe, click the link below (it'll lead you to Rick's website...you are welcome in advance):

 http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=234

No comments:

Post a Comment