Friday, October 28, 2011

Really???

Did you ever watch Saturday Night Live when Amy Poehler was still on?  She used to do a hilarious skit with Seth Meyers called  "Really?"  Basically, it was them bashing someone doing something really dumb...usually with sentences beginning and ending with the word "really."  Horrible description, but it was funny....REALLY!  Ha!

Anyway, I feel like I should be writing the script for that segment because I see the most hilarious, yet dumb stuff all of the time.  Let me explain.....

For instance, on a leisurely walk down a busy Chicago street I happened to see a young woman smoking a cigarette and drinking a Gatorade.  REALLY?  I mean, is she worried that she might get dehydrated with how much exercise she's getting from smoking that cigarette?

Another funny thing happened at the gym.  I noticed a Fabio look-alike (wow, am I dating myself with that reference or what?) next to me.  Ok, it was hilarious that he looked like Fabio, but the best thing about the guy was that he kept swinging his long hair around and posing with Zoolander-type faces in front of the mirror.  Alarming and yet, intriguing as it appeared that this man mistakenly confused Bally Total Fitness with a second-rate fashion runway show.  REALLY? 

And yet another thing....the first week in October I saw that someone had a pumpkin on their porch.  Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but this person had already carved the pumpkin.  REALLY?  I mean, by the time Halloween actually rolls around your pumpkin will be all wrinkly, rotten and probably half-eaten by squirrels (or rats, I mean we are in Chicago here people)...so sad.

Oh, and another....I was at the grocery store, minding my own business, or at least trying to, when I spotted an older gentlemen down the aisle from me.  He was nicely dressed in a suit...and nearly choking himself with his index finger trying to lodge something out of the depths of his mouth.  Really?  Ewwww???  I mean, how many nasty things did he touch before he crammed his finger in his mouth...and more importantly, how many things was he going to be touching until he washed his hands???  REALLY?

And finally,  on October 24th...I had my first sighting of Christmas decorations....REALLY???  Do I really need to say anymore about that???

No comments:

Post a Comment