Friday, August 12, 2011

Feeling Funky

A few days ago I was feeling funky.  Not funky in a good, let's go dancing kind of way.  Nope, funky, in a "why do I feel so down?" kind of way. 

It was weird.  I don't normally feel that way, but for some reason I couldn't get out of it.  So, of course, I told my husband.  I expressed my feelings and tried to explain what was going on in my crazy mind.  Perhaps it was a culmination of emotions...from finding out I wasn't pregnant (it sometimes feels like I am swirling the toilet bowl here), to a super fun, yet roller coaster experience that I had last week, to this crazy economy of ours to the anxiety I feel towards the future...is it all of these things/emotions that are causing this?

Yes, there was indeed some turmoil going on inside my head. Honestly, I'm not sure how we as humans do it.  How is it possible to have all of our crazy thoughts and still manage to function and move forward?  How is it that we are able to cope when things seem off-kilter and we are just a comment or question away from breaking down and crying our eyes out?

Yet, we do it every single day.  Is it that hope for a new day that makes it all worthwhile?  Is it the love of your family that motivates you?  Is it the good friend that inspires you?  Is it the fact that just by being here, you may be making someone's life a little bit better?

Honestly, I think it's all of those things.  I firmly believe that we were all put here for a reason.  We may never get to know that reason, but I know that we all serve a purpose.  After talking with my husband that night I realized that I have so much to be happy about and grateful for.  Sometimes it just takes a little funkiness to make you appreciate how good you've really got it.

Yes, I am sad that I am not pregnant, but I am pretty sure that I have a lot to look forward to.  I honestly and totally believe that I am here for a reason....and if I am lucky enough to be here to just make one person's life a little bit easier/happier/better...than that might just be enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment