Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Meaningful Quote

I had the fortunate opportunity of attending a local Resolve (The National Infertility Association) support group meeting.  I had been thinking about going for awhile, but never really put much effort into it.  Recently, I have felt like I needed the support of women like me and so I finally signed up and went to my first meeting.

I met some amazing women going through some pretty difficult stuff.  It made me feel better hearing thier stories and listening to the different ways they deal with all of this.  It was so great to be surrounded by people going through the same thing as me.  We all agreed that while everyone has the best intentions, they can't always provide the support like someone going through all of this can. 

The lovely woman who hosted the event left us with what I think is a very good and meaningful quote.  It's not only true for people on the baby journey like me, but for everyone.  I am personally going to post it on my refrigerator.

"When you're negative and receive a disappointment, you've been hurt twice. But when you're positive and receive a disappointment, you've only been hurt once."

So true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment