Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is that food in my hair?

Yes, that is really the title of this post.  Personally, I think it's hilarious and catchy...or maybe that's just my "different" sense of humor?  Regardless, I feel like I should elaborate.

Today was BUSY (oh boy, here I go again, all caps...I'll try to keep those at a minimum as I don't want you to think that I'm shouting at you)!  I spent the entire day working in a kitchen, racing around and cooking. The day was so busy that I joked to someone later this evening that I was sure that I had lost 5 pounds from running around and sweating so much.  The kicker?  It was so busy that I could barely remember eating lunch (wait, did I?)...that never happens!

I drive home, unload my car, and try to "relax" for a few minutes before I make dinner.  After the tacos were consumed (tacos are a favorite here in our house), I reached up to fix my hair and found a piece of rice.  My husband and I thought this was pretty darn funny.  I mean, how do you get through a whole day (or maybe part of a day?) with rice on your head?  Hilarious, yet kind of ridiculous and totally something that would happen to me.  

So, I am happy to report that there was only a small piece of rice stuck there...thank goodness.  I guess when you work with food, you never know where it's going to end up or what it's going to stick to.  :) 

It was a good, hard day, and it reminded me of why I love what I do and why I love food.  I am feeling good again and am funky-free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment