Monday, August 29, 2011

Smitten with The Smitten Kitchen

The Smitten Kitchen.  Such a cute name for a blog...I only wish I had thought of it!  If you have never heard of this blog, then please, go check it out.  It was started by a woman named Deb Perelman who does all of her cooking/blogging from her small kitchen in NYC.

First of all, I love the way she writes.  I feel like I know her...I can picture myself in her little kitchen, sipping coffee and consuming treats that she has made...and that makes me want to keep reading.  Second, I enjoy the pictures.  Yes, I am a visual person and she has a way of even making the simplist things look beautiful.  Lastly, she makes some delicious food...really, I've tried it.

I mention her on my blog because I happened to see an interview with her in my recent issue of Food Everyday by Martha Stewart (yes, we have already established that I love Martha).  Fun!  So, I am reading the interview and the last question is "Any Tips for Budding Bloggers?"  Her response? "Don't worry about what everyone else is doing; don't worry if it takes people a long time to find you.  Just be your bad, dorky self and they'll get there sooner or later."  Ok, see why I like her so much?

So, I am going to take Deb's advice and continue to be my "bad, dorky self."  My hope is that this blog will become a source of information (perhaps both good and bad), emotion (both joy and not so much joy), and entertainment (only works if you get my sarcasm).

Thank you to Deb...a pioneer in the food blog world.  I am truly smitten with Smitten Kitchen!

smittenkitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment